Cutright & Prihoda, Inc. | Sam Rayburn ISD FEMA 361 Compliant Community Safe Room
cutright, allen, brad, dean, architect, architecture, building, construction, engineering, FEMA, education, track and field, track, field, school, medical, liturgical, not for profit, NFP
portfolio_page-template-default,single,single-portfolio_page,postid-15958,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-theme-ver-10.1.1,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-7.6,vc_responsive

Sam Rayburn ISD FEMA 361 Compliant Community Safe Room

About This Project
  • Fannin County & Sam Rayburn ISD have engaged the architectural services of Cutright & Allen, Inc. to design a FEMA 361 Compliant Community Safe Room.


  • This safe room is designed to withstand 250 mph winds and accomodate 600 occupants during storms in 80% open area; the remaining 20% will be used for restrooms, mechanical rooms and storage. The safe room footprint is 3,664 ftand is 80 feet long by 50 feet wide.


  • The alternate use will be an open area band hall


  • Due to the smaller footprint, the building is more economical as a rectangular structure than a monolithic dome