Cutright & Prihoda, Inc. | Lumberton ISD FEMA 361 Compliant Community Safe Room
cutright, allen, brad, dean, architect, architecture, building, construction, engineering, FEMA, education, track and field, track, field, school, medical, liturgical, not for profit, NFP
portfolio_page-template-default,single,single-portfolio_page,postid-15528,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-theme-ver-10.1.1,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-7.5,vc_responsive

Lumberton ISD FEMA 361 Compliant Community Safe Room

About This Project

Lumberton Independent School District engaged the services of Cutright & Allen, Inc. to design a new FEMA and Texas Safe Shelter Initiative (TSSI) safe room facility.


This safe room was designed to withstand 200 mph winds and accommodate 1,145 occupants during storms in 80% open area; the remaining 20% will be used for restrooms, mechanical rooms, and concessions. The Dome footprint is 25,447 square feet and has a 180 foot diameter.


The alternate use is a Performing Arts and Convention Center with retractable seating to seat 900 persons and a mezzanine to seat 600 persons. It includes a UIL stage with supporting backstage and storage. Attached to the dome is a 3,200 square foot lobby designed for 110 mph winds.