Cutright & Prihoda, Inc. | Del Mar College FEMA 361 Compliant Community Safe Room
cutright, allen, brad, dean, architect, architecture, building, construction, engineering, FEMA, education, track and field, track, field, school, medical, liturgical, not for profit, NFP
portfolio_page-template-default,single,single-portfolio_page,postid-15954,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-theme-ver-10.1.1,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-7.6,vc_responsive

Del Mar College FEMA 361 Compliant Community Safe Room

About This Project

The City of Corpus Christi and Del Mar College engaged the services of Cutright & Allen, Inc. to design a new Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Texas Safe Shelter Initiative (TSSI) safe room facility.


This safe room was designed to accommodate occupants during storms in 80% open area, training rooms and offices; the remaining 20% will be used for restrooms, electrical and IT equipment rooms, and general storage. The open area is 20,000 ft2 and has a ± 160’ diameter footprint.


The alternate use will be offices and training rooms for the Corpus Christi Fire Department and an indoor assembly room for city and school activities.


20,000 ft2